We are pleased to inform you that we are still accepting applications for the 2010 Diplomacy Fellows Program. Click here (http://careers.state.gov/officer/fellows-program.html) for more information, and to start the application process. Please note that the deadline to submit completed applications is July 31, 2010.
General Qualifications for the DFP Program:
- You must be a U.S. citizen.
- You must be at least 20 and not more than 59 at the time of application.
- You must be available for worldwide assignment.
- You may not have been separated from the Foreign Service under certain sections of the Foreign Service Act.
- You must have participated in one of the 9
eligible Fellowship programs, and you must have successfully completed all
program requirements within 5 years of the vacancy announcement closing date.
For example: January 1, 2005 – July 31, 2010 are the dates used to determine
eligibility for this year’s program.
UPDATE: Please note the following recent change in the 2010 Diplomacy Fellows Program eligibility requirements as they relate to the completion of academic requirements: Additionally, you must have completed all academic requirements, and received your advanced degree, prior to July 31, 2010. You are still eligible to apply to the 2010 DFP, provided you meet all other requirements, even though you completed your academic requirements prior to January 2005.
We appreciate your interest in a career with the U.S. Department of State.